Everything you want to know about Beautycounter – The mission behind the brand, favorite Beautycounter products, current deals and how to become a consultant if you are interested.
I am a Beautycounter consultant and will receive commissions if you choose me as a consultant. Full Disclosure
Beautycounter Mission & Why I Love this Brand
You might not know this but I’ve been an activist for safer product laws for many years. In addition to the work I do here at Mindful Momma, I also worked for a non-profit advocacy group called Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families – doing content writing and social media work.
In 2013, a new beauty company came along called Beautycounter. When I learned that my co-worker Lindsay, from Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families, was joining Beautycounter as their VP of Social Mission, I knew that this company was dedicated to safer products!
Here are 3 reasons I love Beautycounter:
1.) Mission: To get safer products into the hands of everyone. Such a wonderful mission – and they work hard to meet it.
2.) Advocacy: Beautycounter doesn’t just say they want safer products, they actively lobby for updated chemical laws. My friend Lindsay is ROCKING the advocacy piece at Beautycounter – organizing campaigns like March Forth for #betterbeauty, and setting up meetings with members of Congress to discuss proposals for updated laws.
3.) Products: Beautycounter products really are excellent! From skin care to hair care to makeup, Beautycounter has mastered the art of making beautifully effective products from safe, non-toxic ingredients.
In addition, Beautycounter is a Certified B Corporation, which means they meet high standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
Favorite Beautycounter Products
When it comes to product safety and transparency, Beautycounter is one of the best beauty companies around.
Beautycounter has a Never List of over 1500 banned ingredients that they will never use, and they regularly screen ingredients for potential contamination from heavy metals and other hazards.
Here are just a few of my favorite Beautycounter Products:
- Beautycounter Countermatch Collection
- Beautycounter Cleansing Balm (read more about how to use Beautycounter cleansing balm)
- Beautycounter Facial Oils
- Beautycounter Overnight Resurfacing Peel
- Beautycounter Charcoal Mask
- Beautycounter Tint Skin Foundation (learn more about Tint Skin and how to apply it)
- Beautycounter Satin Powder Blush
- Beautycounter Eye Makeup Remover
- Beautycounter Lip Gloss
- Beautycounter Daily Conditioner
- Beautycounter Sunscreen Lotion
Band of Beauty Membership
One way to save money buying Beautycounter products is to become a member of the Band of Beauty. For a $29 annual membership fee you get the following benefits:
- Free shipping on qualifying orders of $100
- 10% product credit on applicable orders (saves you $ on future orders)
- A welcome gift when you spend $50 on products (current welcome gift is a full-size Countermatch Adaptive Body Moisturizer – a $39 value)
- Exclusive member offers
If you plan to purchase more than once throughout the year, a Band of Beauty membership will definitely be worth it! PRO TIP: Combine with other Beautycounter deals to save even more money!
(Note: this is not the same as becoming a Beautycounter consultant. See below for more info on that.)
Current Beautycounter Deals
Note: I will try my best to keep this updated! Beautycounter specials change frequently. You can always find the latest deals on my Beautycounter website.
No specials right now but check the Last Chance Sale page for discontinued products that might be on sale.
How to Become a Beautycounter Consultant
Since Beautycounter was founded in 2013, thousands of women have joined the company as consultants. Whether it’s a side hustle or a primary job, working as an independent Beautycounter consultant can be a wonderful way to combine advocacy (helping people switch to safer products + pushing for better laws) and making some extra bucks for yourself.
One quick thing – Beautycounter is not what you might think of as a typical MLM. It’s not a “pyramid scheme” at all – anyone can buy their products, with or without a consultant. You are NOT required to hold inventory or anything crazy like that.
What I enjoy most about being a Beautycounter consultant is being part of a community of like-minded people and part of a movement to change laws and make beauty products better!
Here are some basic details about being a Beautycounter consultant:
- Initial investment is $98 for an Enrollment Kit (includes your personalized website, some high value welcome gifts (worth the $98 right there!) and everything else you need to get started)
- Opportunity to purchase products Starter Kits at 40% or more off regular prices at time of registration.
- Commission starts at 25% and can increase up to 35%
- A 25% discount on Beautycounter products you buy for yourself
- Many free gifts and rewards built into the program
I totally get that being a Beautycounter consultant is not for everyone. It does take some hustle but Beautycounter provides lots of support for consultants just getting started. If you are interested or have any questions, send me an email at [email protected]
I’d love to have you on my team!!