This Beautycounter review shares my honest opinion about the best Beautycounter products, the mission behind the brand, and how to get the best deals.
I am a Beautycounter consultant and will receive commissions if you choose me as a consultant. Full Disclosure
You might not know this but I’ve been an activist for safer product laws for many years. In addition to the work I do here at Mindful Momma, I also worked for a non-profit advocacy group called Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families – doing content writing and social media work.
In 2013, a new beauty products company came along called Beautycounter. When I learned that my co-worker Lindsay, from Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families, was joining Beautycounter as their VP of Social Mission, I knew that this company was dedicated to safer products!
Maybe you’ve heard of Beautycounter before, or perhaps it’s new to you. Either way, I thought it would be helpful to do a little Beautycounter review, so you could get to know the brand better.
Beautycounter was founded by a woman named Gregg Renfrew, who was appalled to learn that the products she used on herself and her kids might not be safe. She discovered that the U.S. only bans 30 ingredients from personal-care products, and the major federal regulation had not been updated since 1938. So she set out to transform the beauty industry by creating clean, high-performing skin care and makeup products, while fighting to change the laws to regulate the industry.
3 Reasons To Love Beautycounter
Here are the 3 main reasons I love the Beautycounter brand:
1.) Mission: To get safer products into the hands of everyone. Such a wonderful mission – and they work hard to meet it.
2.) Advocacy: Beautycounter doesn’t just say they want safer products, they actively lobby for updated chemical laws. My friend Lindsay is ROCKING the advocacy piece at Beautycounter – organizing campaigns like March Forth for #betterbeauty, and setting up meetings with members of Congress to discuss proposals for updated laws.
3.) Products: Beautycounter products really are excellent! From skincare products and personal care products, to hair products and makeup, Beautycounter has mastered the art of making beautifully effective natural products from safe, non-toxic ingredients.
The Beautycounter Difference
Wondering how Beautycounter products differ from conventional beauty and other natural beauty brands? They have extremely high standards for ingredients and packaging, including transparency and sourcing. In fact, Beautycounter’s Blueprint for Clean outlines 12 safety standards that all of their manufacturing partners must adhere to.
- Beautycounter has a Never List of over 2800 banned ingredients that are harmful chemicals they will never use.
- They regularly screen ingredients for potential contamination from heavy metals and other hazards.
- A full ingredient list is available on the product labels and the website, including known components of fragrances, flavors, and preservatives (FYI – preservatives are necessary but used in the smallest possible amounts).
- They take ingredient transparency to the next level with their dedication to responsible sourcing (if you haven’t read up on the challenges of Mica in the beauty industry, you should!)
- Many Beautycounter products are EWG-Verified (the highest standard for personal care by the EWG)
- Certified through the Leaping Bunny program to be cruelty-free
- Beautycounter is a Certified B Corporation, which means they meet high standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
- Beautycounter has made a commitment to making product packaging as sustainable as possible. They opt for glass whenever possible and safe plastics when necessary. Extra packaging is minimized and everything is recyclable. They are always looking to innovate in this area in order to minimize their environmental impact!
Read Beautycounter’s full Social Mission Report to learn about all of the green & healthy goals they have met during the past year.
The Best Beautycounter Products
When it comes to product safety and transparency, Beautycounter is one of the best natural beauty companies around. They have a full range of skin care, body care, hair care and makeup products made with clean ingredients. Plus they frequently introduce new products to their collection!
I’d be hard pressed to choose just one favorite product from Beautycounter, but the one product that I use almost daily and could not live without is the Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer. It’s my go-to daily facial cream because it has safe SPF and just the right amount of coverage that leaves my skin looking dewy and natural!
Also, everything in the Countertime line contains bakuchiol, which has been shown to provide skin-care results that are comparable to retinol—without the harmful side effects. This skincare line works wonders on my dry, aging skin!
Here are just a few of my favorite Beautycounter Products:
Favorite Beautycounter Skincare Products
- Countertime Tetrapeptide Supreme Cream (wonderful for anyone with dry skin!)
- Countertime Mineral Boost Hydrating Essence
- Counter+ All Bright C Serum
- Countermatch Eye Rescue Cream
- Counter+ Lotus Glow Cleansing Balm (read more about how to use Beautycounter cleansing balm)
- All Bright Brightening Facial Oil
- Counter+ Overnight Resurfacing Peel
- Reflect Effect AHA Smoothing Facial Mask
- Counter+ Charcoal Facial Mask
Favorite Beautycounter Bath & Body Products
Favorite Beautycounter Makeup Products
- Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer (they have a wide variety of shades to meet your skin tone needs)
- Cheeky Clean Cream Blush
- Lid Glow Cream Shadow
- Eye Makeup Remover
- Beyond Gloss
Save Money with the Band of Beauty Membership
One way to save money on Beautycounter products is to become a member of the Band of Beauty. For a $29 annual membership fee you get the following benefits:
- Free shipping on qualifying orders of $100
- 10% product credit on applicable orders (saves you $ on future orders)
- A welcome gift when you spend $50 on products. The current Beautycounter welcome gift is the Think Clean Welcome Set ($49 USD value) which includes the Overnight Resurfacing Peel and Charcoal Mask.
- Exclusive member offers
If you plan to purchase Beautycounter products more than once throughout the year, a Band of Beauty membership will definitely be worth it! PRO TIP: Combine with other Beautycounter deals to save even more money!
Learn more about becoming a Band of Beauty member here.
Beautycounter Promo Code
Good news! Beautycounter offers a great discount code for new customers – so you can try Beautycounter products without concern! New customers can usually get a promo code for 20% off or more when you sign up for the Beautycounter mailing list.
Also keep in mind that Beautycounter gift sets are a great value. And check the Last Chance Sale page for discontinued products that might be on sale.
I’m always happy to answer any questions you have about Beautycounter – feel free to send me an email at [email protected]
Note: I will try my best to keep this updated! Beautycounter specials change frequently. You can always find the latest deals on my Beautycounter website.
To summarize, if you are looking for the best clean beauty products, without harmful ingredients, from an ethical, socially conscious company, Beautycounter is for you!
Leave a Reply