Everything you want to know about Beautycounter – The mission behind the brand, favorite Beautycounter products, and current deals, all in this Beautycounter review.
I am a Beautycounter consultant and will receive commissions if you choose me as a consultant. Full Disclosure
Beautycounter Mission & Why I Love this Brand
You might not know this but I’ve been an activist for safer product laws for many years. In addition to the work I do here at Mindful Momma, I also worked for a non-profit advocacy group called Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families – doing content writing and social media work.
In 2013, a new beauty company came along called Beautycounter. When I learned that my co-worker Lindsay, from Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families, was joining Beautycounter as their VP of Social Mission, I knew that this company was dedicated to safer products!
Maybe you’ve heard of Beautycounter before, or perhaps it’s new to you. Either way, I thought it would be helpful to do a little Beautycounter review, so you could get to know the brand better.
Here are 3 reasons I love Beautycounter:
1.) Mission: To get safer products into the hands of everyone. Such a wonderful mission – and they work hard to meet it.
2.) Advocacy: Beautycounter doesn’t just say they want safer products, they actively lobby for updated chemical laws. My friend Lindsay is ROCKING the advocacy piece at Beautycounter – organizing campaigns like March Forth for #betterbeauty, and setting up meetings with members of Congress to discuss proposals for updated laws.
3.) Products: Beautycounter products really are excellent! From skin care to hair care to makeup, Beautycounter has mastered the art of making beautifully effective products from safe, non-toxic ingredients.
The Beautycounter Difference
Wondering how Beautycounter products differ from conventional beauty and other natural beauty brands? They have extremely high standards for ingredients and packaging, including transparency and sourcing:
- Beautycounter has a Never List of over 1800 banned ingredients that they will never use.
- They regularly screen ingredients for potential contamination from heavy metals and other hazards.
- All ingredients are listed on the product labels or the website, including known components of fragrances, flavors, and preservatives (necessary but used in the smallest possible amounts).
- They take ingredient transparency to the next level with their dedication to responsible sourcing (if you haven’t read up on the challenges of Mica in the beauty industry, you should!)
- Many Beautycounter products are EWG-Verified (the highest standard for personal care by the EWG)
- Certified through the Leaping Bunny program to be cruelty-free
- Beautycounter is a Certified B Corporation, which means they meet high standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency.
- Beautycounter has made a commitment to making product packaging as sustainable as possible. They opt for glass whenever possible and safe plastics when necessary. Extra packaging is minimized and everything is recyclable. They are always looking to innovate in this area!
Favorite Beautycounter Products
When it comes to product safety and transparency, Beautycounter is one of the best natural beauty companies around.
Here are just a few of my favorite Beautycounter Products:
- Beautycounter Countertime Collection
- Beautycounter Cleansing Balm (read more about how to use Beautycounter cleansing balm)
- Beautycounter Facial Oils
- Beautycounter Overnight Resurfacing Peel
- Beautycounter Charcoal Mask
- Beautycounter Tint Skin Foundation (learn more about Tint Skin and how to apply it)
- Beautycounter Satin Powder Blush
- Beautycounter Eye Makeup Remover
- Beautycounter Lip Gloss
- Beautycounter Daily Conditioner
- Beautycounter Sunscreen Lotion
Band of Beauty Membership
One way to save money buying Beautycounter products is to become a member of the Band of Beauty. For a $29 annual membership fee you get the following benefits:
- Free shipping on qualifying orders of $100
- 10% product credit on applicable orders (saves you $ on future orders)
- A welcome gift when you spend $50 on products. The current Beautycounter welcome gift is the Think Clean Welcome Set ($43 USD value) which includes the Overnight Resurfacing Peel and Charcoal Mask.
- Exclusive member offers
If you plan to purchase more than once throughout the year, a Band of Beauty membership will definitely be worth it! PRO TIP: Combine with other Beautycounter deals to save even more money!
Current Beautycounter Deals
Note: I will try my best to keep this updated! Beautycounter specials change frequently. You can always find the latest deals on my Beautycounter website.
New customers can often get a code for 20% off when you sign up for the Beautycounter mailing list. Beautycounter gift sets are a great value. Also check the Last Chance Sale page for discontinued products that might be on sale.
I’m always happy to answer any questions you have about Beautycounter – feel free to send me an email at [email protected]