Learn why a Thrive Market membership is worth it and find the best Thrive Market products to stock your healthy pantry for less money.
When I think back to my kitchen pantry in my early adult years I kind of cringe – ramen noodles, cans of soup, artificially flavored mac-n-cheese, microwave popcorn, and who knows what else!
At that point I was just barely learning how to cook on my own and I didn’t quite understand the concept of having a pantry full of staples to help guide me toward healthy meals. Meal prep was last-minute and health wasn’t the biggest priority.
Fast forward many years and my pantry looks completely different! For one thing, the sheer amount of food I keep in my pantry is much bigger – now I have a husband and two hungry teenagers to feed!
Most importantly, I’ve learned that the key to healthy meal planning is having a pantry full of healthy staples to pull from! By healthy pantry staples I’m talking about everything from grains and beans, to sauces, oils and seasonings, to flour and baking supplies and of course coffee. It also includes nuts, seeds and dried fruits – really anything that will help you pull off a healthy meal. Pantry staples can also include snacks and treats too – at least in my view of the world!
Although I purchase my groceries at many stores, I have found one source that has the best selection and lowest prices on the healthy pantry staples I am looking for – and that is Thrive Market.
How Thrive Market Works
I may receive commissions from purchases made through links in this article. Full Disclosure
Thrive Market is a membership-based shopping website, selling healthy food and natural products at wholesale prices. Essentially, Thrive Market is like a Costco for natural products, except you order in the comfort of your home instead of wandering around a massive warehouse. Prices at Thrive Market are 25 to 50% below retail, which is a significant savings over what you’ll find at most stores. You do pay an annual membership fee but it is easy to earn it back in just a couple orders.
When you order from Thrive Market you can be assured that there are no GMOs in the food you are buying. You will also notice that USDA Organic options are offered whenever they exist. The company mission is to deliver the world’s best healthy food and natural products at wholesale prices and they really pull it off!
One of my favorite things about Thrive Market is that they are constantly offering free gifts with your order – which is something I take advantage of all the time! I’ve been a Thrive Market member for many years now and I have been introduced to so many new products through the free sample program (they send emails about them) – like the Simple Mills pancake mix you see here in the photo!
Pro tip: Add products to your cart when you think of them but wait until a great freebie is offered to place your order!
A bit more about Thrive Market:
- Annual membership fee of $59.95 (or start for $9.95 per month if you are not ready to commit)
- Free shipping on orders over $25 for first order and orders over $49 ongoing (I find this very easy to meet!)
- Get 25% off plus a FREE gift with your first order (1 year and 1 month memberships available)
- Frequent free gift with purchase opportunities
- A Thrive Market membership is donated to a low-income family with every paid membership
You can request a membership fee refund within 30 days if you are not satisfied – so there’s no risk in trying it out!
Thrive Market Products: Name Brands vs. Private Label
Thrive Market has a reputation for carrying the best brands in the natural foods and products world. Brands like Nutiva, Bob’s Red Mill, Primal Kitchen, Organic Valley, Justin’s, Nature’s Path, Traditional Medicinals and many more.
More recently though, they have been introducing private label versions of popular products. Thrive Market brand products are super high quality and even less expensive than their name-brand counterparts! Slowly but surely, I have been switching over to Thrive Market brand for many of my healthy pantry staples. (See the photo above for some of the Thrive Market brand products I buy – plus you’ll find many in the list below).
Best Thrive Market Products to Stock My Pantry
Thrive Market is my go-to source for so many of my healthy pantry staples. Whether you are just starting to build a kitchen pantry or your pantry is already well established, I want you to know that it is possible to eat healthy on a budget and Thrive Market really can help!
Below you will find some of the pantry essentials I have purchased at Thrive Market over the years. Think of it as your healthy pantry checklist! This is just a sampling of the many healthy foods offered at Thrive Market – so be sure to look around the website for the products you need and healthy brands you love.
(Keep in mind price may have changed since this post was published. Click product link for current prices.)
Oils & Vinegars
- Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (29-oz) – $17.49 (compare to $23.00)
- Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil (16.9oz) – $9.99 (compare to $12.95)
- Organic Valley Ghee – Clarified Butter (13oz) – $10.99 (compare to $15.19)
- Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (32oz) – $5.29 (compare to $6.99)
- Vermont Village Sipping Vinegar (8oz) – $4.99 (compare to $6.99)
Nuts, Nut Butters & Dried Fruits
- Justin’s Almond Butter (16oz) – $11.99 (compare to $14.99)
- Once Again Sunflower Seed Butter (16oz) – $5.79 (compare to $7.49)
- Thrive Market Organic Raw Cashews (16oz) – $10.99 (compare to $17.99)
- Hemp Hearts (16oz) – $10.29 (compare to $15.99)
- Organic Medjool Dates (11oz) – $6.74 (compare to $11.99)
- Organic Shredded Coconut (8oz) – $2.99 (compare to $4.99)
Beans & Grains
- Thrive Market Organic Kidney Beans Pouch (10oz) – $1.49 (compare to $1.95)
- Thrive Market Organic Sprouted Brown Rice (16oz) – $4.99 (compare to $5.99)
- Organic Farro (24oz) – $7.99 (compare to $10.99)
- Organic White Basmati Rice (32oz) – $4.99 (compare to $7.99)
Sauces, Dressings & Sweeteners
- Thrive Market Organic Marinara Pasta Sauce (25oz) – $4.99 (compare to $8.99)
- Native Forest Organic Coconut Milk (13.5oz) – $2.99 (compare to $3.29)
- Primal Kitchen Ranch Dressing with Avocado Oil (8oz) – $5.99 (compare to $7.99)
- Thrive Market Organic Maple Syrup (12oz) – $9.99 (compare to $14.99)
- Thrive Market Organic Turmeric (1.45oz) – $2.99 (compare to $4.99)
- Thrive Market Himalayan Pink Sea Salt (6.5oz) – $4.99 (compare to $9.99)
- Thrive Market Taco Seasoning (1.1oz) – $1.29 (compare to $2.29)
- Simply Organic Vanilla Extract (4oz) – $14.99 (compare to $21.59)
Coffee & Tea
- Equal Exchange Organic Whole Bean Coffee (12oz) – $7.99 (compare to $9.75)
- Traditional Medicinals Tea (16 count) – $4.29 (compare to $5.99)
- Nutpods Unsweetened Non-Dairy Creamer (11.2oz) – $3.29 (compare to $3.99)
- Purely Elizabeth Ancient Grain Granola (12oz) – $5.99 (compare to $6.99)
- Simple Mills Almond Flour Pancake & Waffle Mix (10.7oz) – $6.99 (compare to $7.99)
- Nature’s Path Organic Heritage Flakes (32oz) – $7.49 (compare to $9.99)
- Kodiak Cakes Pancake Mix (20oz) – $4.99 (compare to $5.99)
- Bob’s Red Mill Organic Rolled Oats (32oz) – $6.29 (compare to $8.49)
- King Arthur Organic All-Purpose Flour (5lb) – $7.99 (compare to $10.99)
- Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour (32oz) – $17.49 (compare to $21.99)
- Wholesome Organic Dark Brown Sugar (24oz) – $4.49 (compare to $4.99)
- Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chips (9oz) – $4.79 (compare to $6.29)
- Barnana Organic Banana Bites (3.5oz) – $3.99 (compare to $5.49)
- The New Primal Beef Jerky (2oz) – $5.99 (compare to $7.59)
- Quinn Sea Salt Pretzel Sticks (7oz) – $3.99 (compare to $4.99)
- Clif Organic Zbar (18 count) – $12.99 (compare to $18.80)
- Made in Nature Tart Cherry Organic Figgy Pops (4.2oz) – $3.99 (compare to $5.29)
- Justin’s Mini Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups (4.7oz) – $4.99 (compare to $5.99)
- Unreal Dark Chocolate Peanut Gems (6oz) – $4.99 (compare to $5.89)
- Chewy Fruities, Assorted Flavors (4oz) – $2.99 (compare to $3.99)
Sign up for Thrive Market now and get 25% off plus a free gift in addition to these already low prices!
What are your favorite products to stock in your healthy pantry? Share in the comments!