Learn how to maximize your Thrive Market membership to save the most money possible on natural & organic food and products. Plus find out my favorite Thrive Market products including healthy food, natural beauty, non-toxic cleaning, home products, supplements, meat and even wine!
When I first started on a path to healthier eating and a more natural lifestyle, I was a poor college student.
There was a small food co-op in my neighborhood, and I worked as a volunteer, in order to get a free membership. This helped me buy organic food and other natural products that I might not otherwise have been able to afford.
Fast forward years later and I’m still a member of my local co-op and love to support them, although being a deal queen, I tend to shop around for the best prices on healthy, organic products. These days, the best prices on organic food and products can often be found online.
Of all the options for buying natural and organic products online, Thrive Market is the place I purchase from most often. In fact, I placed 13 orders with Thrive Market in 2018 – that’s more than one per month!
After buying from Thrive Market for many years, I have learned how to maximize my membership to get the most value as possible! Keep reading for my Thrive Market review and to get my tips so that you can make the most out of your Thrive Market membership too.
How Thrive Market Works
I may receive commissions from purchases made through links in this article. Full Disclosure
The Thrive Market model is to sell healthy organic food and products at wholesale prices. That means you are getting 25% to 50% off of regular retail prices on an ongoing basis.
Thrive Market carries over 6000 products ranging from pantry staples, snacks & treats, beauty products, cleaning and home supplies, supplements and wellness products, as well as sustainable meat and a selection of clean wines.
Everything they sell is non-GMO and they carry organic whenever possible. All body care , beauty and home products are vetted to be free from endocrine disruptors and other toxic chemicals.
Thrive Market’s brand partners practice organic and regenerative farming practices, follow fair trade and environmental standards and create products for a variety of dietary needs like gluten-free, vegan, AIP, paleo, keto and more.
How Much is a Thrive Market Membership?
The reason Thrive Market can offer such low prices is that they are a membership site, meaning you pay a membership fee to belong, similar to Costco or Sam’s Club.
The annual membership fee at Thrive Market is $59.95 – equivalent to $5 per month. If you are not ready to commit, go month-by-month for $9.95 per month. In any case, you can get a full refund on your Thrive Market membership if you cancel within 30 days.
Now I get it, you don’t want to spend money on a membership, unless you know you’re going to make that money back and then some. So let’s take a look at some of the ways you can maximize your Thrive Market membership to make sure you are saving the most money possible:
How to Maximize Your Thrive Market Membership
According to Thrive Market, the average member saves about $30 per order, meaning you can make your membership fee back in only 2 orders.
Remember those 13 orders I placed in 2018? Well I went back and added up my savings – and I saved $618.71 – or an average of $47.60 per order!
Thrive Market tracks your savings and if for some reason you don’t make back your membership fees in a year, they will pay you the difference in Thrive Cash when you renew.
Here’s what I consider every time I place an order at Thrive Market:
- Everyday low prices – Prices at Thrive Market are always 25% to 50% off of regular retail prices, so that’s a great place to start!
- Extra deals – Thrive Market works with brands to frequently offer additional discounts – found on the savings page.
- Sale days – Every once in a while an email arrives offering an additional 10% off everything, or an extra 25% off select chocolates, beauty products, superfoods or whatever category they are promoting.
- FREE products – Watch your emails and the free gifts section to make sure you are getting something free with every order! I’ve received so many free things – from shampoo and cosmetics, to nut butter and free coconut oil, pancake mix and maple syrup and even cookbooks. It’s a great way to to try new products for FREE!!
- Thrive Cash – Thrive Cash is a rebate on select products that will be applied to your next order. It’s a nice incentive to stock up or try something new.
- Thrive Market brand – Although Thrive Market has a reputation for carrying the best natural and organic brands, they also sell their own Thrive Market brand. Thrive Market private label products are very high quality and yet another way to save money!
- Free shipping – With so many products available, it’s easy to reach the minimum of $49 for free shipping. There’s no reason to ever pay shipping for your orders!
- Invite friends – Refer your friends and get $25 in Thrive Cash for everyone who becomes a paid member (and they get 25% off their first order).
PLUS – to get you started with Thrive Market, you can choose a free gift – up to $22 in value with your first order!
If you are not satisfied, you can request a refund of your membership fee within the first 30 days – so there’s no risk in trying it out!
Ready? Try out Thrive Market today!
Thrive Market Favorites
Over the many years that I’ve been a Thrive Market member, I’ve tried a lot of products. And I mean a lot! Let’s take a look at some of the primary product categories on Thrive Market and I’ll share my favorite brands and products!
Thrive Market Favorites: Pantry Staples
Thrive Market has so many fantastic pantry staples – it’s hard to know where to start! They carry all the popular brands like Justin’s, Nature’s Path, Lundberg, Jackson’s Honest, Simply Organic, Primal Kitchen and so many more – plus don’t forget about the super affordable Thrive Market brand!
For a more detailed look at products in this category, check out my post about healthy pantry staples at Thrive Market.
Here are just a few examples of pantry staples I buy from Thrive Market:
- Coconut Oil & Coconut Milk – Nutiva, Native Forest
- Nut Butters – Justin’s, Nuttzz, Barney Butter
- Rice & Other Grains – Lundberg, Bob’s Red Mill
- Beans – Eden Organic
- Granola & Cereal – Nature’s Path, Purely Elizabeth, Barbara’s Bakery
- Baking Goods – King Arthur, Kodiac Cakes, Simple Mills
- Honey & Sweeteners – Wedderspoon, Wholesome, Lakanto
- Condiments & Sauces – Primal Kitchen, Tessemae’s, Annie’s
- Spices – Simply Organic, HimalaSalt
- Tea – Traditional Medicinals, Numi
Thrive Market Favorites: Snacks + Treats
- Chocolate – Unreal, Justin’s, Alter Eco, Theo
- Fruit Snacks – Barnana, Bare, Dang
- Candy – Wholesome, Cocomels, YumEarth, Surf Sweets
- Snack/Energy Bars – Clif Kids, Bobo’s, Kind, Larabar
- Cookies – Back to Nature, Tates, Newman’s Own
- Crackers – Back to Nature, Flackers, Late July
- Chips – Late July, Jackson’s Honest, Terra, Way Better Snacks
- Nuts & Seeds – Navitas, Woodstock, Sahale Snacks
Thrive Market Favorites: Beauty + Personal Care
Switching over to natural, non-toxic beauty and personal care products is super important and Thrive Market can help make it more affordable with their fantastic selection of natural beauty and non-toxic bath & body care.
- Skin Care Products – Acure, MyChelle, Cocokind, DermaE, Nourish Organic, Alba Botanica
- Shampoo & Conditioner – Aubrey Organics, Juice Organics, Giovanni, Acure, Andalou Naturals
- Bath & Body Care – EO Everyone, Dr. Bronner’s, Alaffia
- Toothpaste – Dr. Bronner’s, Hello, Redmond Earthpaste, Dr. Brite, My Magic Mud
- Deodorant – Schmidt’s, Primal Pit Paste, EO, Alaffia, Weleda
- Cosmetics – W3LL People, Mineral Fusion, RMS Beauty
- Sunscreen – Goddess Garden, Badger, ThinkSport, Babo Botanicals, All Good
- Hair Color – Naturtint, Tints of Nature
- DIY Supplies (carrier oils, essential oils) – Now Foods, Aura Cacia, Jason
Thrive Market Favorites: Cleaning + Home
Save money on non-toxic cleaning products and other products for home and on-the-go.
- Cleaning Products – Ecover, Earth Friendly Products, Better Life
- Laundry – Biokleen, Molly’s Suds, Grab Green
- Toilet Paper – Seventh Generation
- Garbage & Compost – BioBag, If You Care
- Baking Supplies – If You Care
- Reusable Bottles – Thinksport, U Konserve
- Reusable Containers, Wraps & Bags – U Konserve, Bee’s Wrap, Chico Bag, Lunchskins
- Kitchenware – Natural Home, Bambu
Thrive Market Favorites: Supplements
Whether you’re looking or vitamins, mineral supplements, probiotics, herbs, omega’s, cbd, or collagen – Thrive Market has got you covered with the most trusted supplement brands.
- Nordic Naturals
- Garden of Life
- Gaia Herbs
- Amazing Grass
- Charlotte’s Web
- Source Naturals
- and many more!
Thrive Market Favorites: Sustainable Meat & Seafood
Buying sustainable meat can be tricky. The labels can be confusing and you might not have a trustworthy source of meat nearby. Even if you do have access to better meat and seafood, it might be too expensive for your budget.
Thrive Market offers organic, grass-fed and pasture-raised chicken, beef and pork, as well as sustainable seafood options – at very reasonable prices. I personally buy the variety packs with a mix of meats in one box. Everything is frozen and comes very well packed.
Here’s a sampling of the meat & seafood for sale at Thrive Market:
- Organic chicken thighs and breasts
- Grass-fed and finished ground beef and steaks
- Pasture-raised pork and sugar-free bacon
- Wild-caught sockeye salmon
- Wild-caught shrimp
- Wild-caught ahi tuna
Thrive Market Favorites: Clean Wine
Did you know that over 60 chemical materials can be legally added to wine – and they don’t need to printed on the label? Plus most wines these days contain added sugar and flavorings and the grapes are grown using conventional farming practices, which is not good for the environment.
Thrive Market has a collection of clean wines produced using organic, biodynamic, or verified sustainable farming practices and made with no added sugar or flavorings and minimal sulfites. I’ve tried them and highly recommend you try them too!!
More Great Things About Thrive Market
Before I let you go, here are a couple more reasons to love Thrive Market:
Community – Thrive Market gives back to the community on an ongoing basis with its Thrive Gives program. For every membership purchased, Thrive Market donate a free one to a low-income family. They work with nonprofit partners like Feeding America to distribute free memberships to the families and individuals they serve. Other initiatives include funding shopping budgets of families in need and delivering healthy staples to families in crisis.
Environment – In 2018, Thrive Market became the first ecommerce company to go zero waste throughout the entire fulfillment network. Packages are shipped are made using 99% post-consumer recycled packaging and Thrive Market is proud to be carbon-neutral on all of their shipping.
I hope by now you can see that you have nothing to lose, and lots of healthy, organic & natural products to gain by trying out Thrive Market! Thrive Market already has over 500,000 (that’s 1/2 million!) customers and you could be the next one!