Find out which daily supplements help keep busy moms healthy, productive and feeling good! Includes my favorite probiotic, sleep supplement, cbd supplement, recommended vitamins and minerals, and more.
When I was a kid, one of my friends got to take Fred Flintstone vitamins every day and I was actually kind of jealous. We didn’t do vitamins at our house, except for the sour tasting Vitamin C tablets we got when we were sick.
Many years later (ok many decades later!), I have a daily supplement routine that works to help keep me movin & groovin through my busy, happy life. Even though I didn’t grow up with supplements, I’ve learned how certain vitamins, minerals and other supplements can help me feel good, stay healthy and operate at my best capacity.
(Note: I am not a health professional and do not provide medical advice. Please talk to your trusted medical professional before starting any new supplements.)
How Daily Supplements Can Help Busy Moms Thrive
Before we dive in, I want to be clear that dietary supplements are not a substitute for healthy food and a healthy lifestyle. My daily supplements are exactly that…..SUPPLEMENTS to the healthy food, the daily exercise, and the quality sleep I prioritize in my life.
As a busy mom and entrepreneur, I have no time for feeling crappy! I use supplements to help keep me feeling my best so I can be the best mom, wife, friend, employer and educator that I can possibly be! Here are some of the things that I’m looking for in daily supplements:
- keep my immune system functioning at its best
- fight off inflammation
- maintain energy throughout the day
- keep things “regular”
- maintain good gut health
- support heathy bones
- help boost my mood
- support quality sleep
The Supplements I Take Daily
I may receive commissions from purchases made through links in this article including Amazon Affiliates. Full Disclosure
Many people have asked me about the supplements I take, so I decided to share them with you guys. But keep in mind that my needs are different from your needs, and everyone’s supplement routine will be different. And of course, you should always check with your trusted health professional before starting any new supplements!
- Primary benefit: Gut health
- My favorite probiotic brand: Seed
- Why I like it: Seed Daily Synbiotic is a combination probiotic + prebiotic designed to deliver 24 clinically proven strains in a single dose. Seed is clinically shown to provide benefits for digestive health and also for skin health, heart health, gut immune function, and metabolism. I LOVE that Seed comes in a reusable glass jar and refills come in a compostable bio-based pouch. It’s a WIN for both your health & the planet! I take my Seed probiotic every morning.
- Buy Seed Daily Synbiotic (use code MINDFULMOMMA15 to get 15% off the first month of your subscription)
Read my full Seed Probiotic Review.
- Primary benefits: Calcium metabolism, bone health and immune function
- My favorite Vitamin D3 brand: Jarrow
- Why I like it: Jarrow D3 provides cholecalciferol, which is the form of Vitamin D produced by the skin in response to sunlight. In addition to the benefits above, I also think Vitamin D helps with my mood, especially in the winter months, when I don’t get much sun exposure (I live in Minnesota). I take my Vitamin D3 every morning.
- Buy Jarrow D3 on Amazon or Thrive Market
- Primary benefit: Immune system support
- My favorite Vitamin C brand: Solaray
- Why I like it: Solaray Super Bio Vitamin C is a timed-release formula that provides sustained support throughout the day. In addition to immune system support, the formula is designed to support collagen production, healthy blood vessel integrity, bone and cartilage development and nerve impulse transmission. I take my Vitamin C every morning.
- Buy Solaray Super Bio Vitamin C
- Primary benefits: Mood booster, bone health and sleep support
- My favorite magnesium brand: KAL
- Why I like it: KAL Magnesium Glycinate is a bioavailable form of magnesium designed to be gentler on your stomach. I take my magnesium before bed to help with sleep.
- Buy KAL Magnesium Glycinate on Amazon or Thrive Market
- Primary benefit: Supports restful sleep
- My favorite sleep support brand: Sleep Support+ from mindbodygreen
- Why I like it: Sleep Support+ is a science-backed formula including magnesium bisglycinate, jujube and pharmaGABA that promotes deep and restorative sleep. I take Sleep Support about an hour before bed and I’ve noticed a definite improvement in my sleep since I started taking it!
- Buy Sleep Support+ Take 15% off your first order with code MM15 at checkout.
Essential Fatty Acids
- Primary benefits: Cellular health
- My favorite Essential Fatty Acid brand: Fatty15
- Why I like it: Fatty15 is a science-backed supplement that is made from a 99% pure, plant-based C15:0 (pentadecanoic acid) powder, called FA15. Dozens of studies from around the world have linked higher C15:0 in our bodies to healthy metabolism, balanced immunity, and healthy hearts. And a brand new peer-reviewed study just showed that Fatty15 is 3x better than Omega-3 for cell repair and immune calming activities. I’ve been taking Fatty15 for just almost 3 months now and I’ve been sleeping really well and have felt great overall!
- Buy Fatty15 (save 20% on a 90 day subscription plan)
- Primary benefit: Stress and mood support
- My favorite CBD brand: Prima
- Why I like it: Prima The Daily is made with organically grown whole hemp extract with naturally occurring CBD, to help support everyday stress, sleep, recovery, mood and immunity. I take this mid-day to help keep up my mood so I’m feeling happy and to lower my stress during the work day.
- Buy Prima The Daily (use code MINDFUL20 for 20% off your first order)
Do you take any daily supplements? Let me know in the comments!