Is Smoothie Box worth it? Get my thoughts on this popular organic smoothie mix subscription and find out my favorite flavor!
Was there life before smoothies?
Smoothies weren’t a thing when I was growing up, but now I can hardly imagine a week without at least one smoothie in my breakfast rotation.
For years now, I’ve been winging it – creating my own smoothies out of frozen fruit and veggies – but the downside is that I don’t always have what I need to make a healthy smoothie on the fly.
Recently I was introduced to Smoothie Box and I am SOLD on the convenience of having a nutritionally sound smoothie mix ready in the freezer at all times!
To let you in on the secret, I decided to do a quick Smoothie Box review:
What is a Smoothie Box Subscription?
This post is not sponsored, but I am an affiliate of Smoothie Box and they sent me a free box for review. Full Disclosure
Smoothie Box is a subscription service that delivers frozen, ready-to-blend smoothie mix to your doorstep. The smoothie mix comes in individual serving packets, and is a blend of frozen organic fruits and vegetables, along with other nutrient rich ingredients like hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, coconut, cocoa and more. Collagen peptides are also available as an additional smoothie ingredient.
Looking for more healthy meal delivery services? I’ve got you covered!
Smoothie Box Flavors
The Smoothie Box subscription model is pretty simple – they have four flavors to choose from. All of them taste great blended with almond milk, but I sometimes add in a couple other ingredients just to make it my own.
Smoothie Box smoothies have no added sugar or any artificial ingredients. All smoothie mix ingredients are organic with the exception of mandarin oranges (due to a sourcing issue).
The smoothies are gluten-free, dairy-free and soy-free. If you like a touch of sweetness, a squirt of honey goes a long way. The optional grass-fed beef collagen peptides are a source of protein and are beneficial for hair, skin and nails.
- Ingredients: strawberries, wild blueberries, cauliflower and smoothie chips made with sweet potato, banana, hemp seeds, lemon and beet juice
- Blend ins: almond milk and a squirt of honey, plus any fresh fruit you have on hand
- Tastes like: a traditional berry smoothie
- Ingredients: mandarin oranges, carrots, pumpkin seeds and smoothie chips made with sweet potato, ginger, dates, coconut cream and lemon juice
- Blend ins: sweetened vanilla almond milk makes this one taste perfect!
- Tastes like: a creamsicle with a gingery kick (this is my favorite flavor!)
- Ingredients: bananas, coconut cream, cacao, zucchini, kale, sunflower kernels and smoothie chips made with coconut water and banana
- Blend ins: almond milk and a bit of almond butter or peanut butter (a dash of maple syrup too!)
- Tastes like: a chocolate and banana milkshake
- Ingredients: pineapple, granny smith apple, spinach and smoothie chips made with avocado, flax seed, hemp hearts, apple juice, lemon juice
- Blend ins: almond milk plus extra fresh pineapple makes this one zing!
- Tastes like: a bright and creamy green smoothie
To make a smoothie, combine the smoothie mix, collagen peptides (if desired) and your liquid of choice (almond milk, coconut water etc..) into a blender and mix it up until it’s smooth and creamy. I use a Vitamix, but any durable blender will do.
A Smoothie Box smoothie delivery includes 20 individual smoothie mix packets and 20 packs of collagen peptides (optional).
Assortment: I suggest starting out with a variety pack, but future orders can be customized, once you figure out your favorite flavors (mine is clementine!)
Delivery: Deliveries are scheduled for every 6 weeks – going on the assumption that you have one smoothie per day, a few times a week. However, you can customize and create the delivery schedule that works for you. Orders are packed with dry ice to keep them frozen.
Price: Smoothie Box smoothies are as low as $4.95 per smoothie or $5.95 with collagen, when purchased as a subscription.
Is Smoothie Box Worth It?
Smoothie Box makes sense for someone who is time crunched and wants a fresh, healthy smoothie at the ready, without spending time prepping ingredients. Even for someone like me who has the time to invent smoothie recipes, the convenience of Smoothie Box is well worth the price. At $5 to $6 each, Smoothie Box smoothies cost less than many of the gourmet smoothies I’ve seen in stores, and are much more satisfying.
Discount on Smoothie Box
Good news! Mindful Momma readers get $15 off your first order when you use my affiliate link (discount is automatically applied). Your first order will include five of each smoothie flavor, plus collagen peptides.
P.S. Like this Brand Review? Find more Brand Reviews here