Your zero waste kitchen has never been better with these reusable, handmade kitchen products from popular Etsy shops, that replace wasteful plastic and disposable products.
Who says going zero waste has to be boring?
The truth is, when you make the switch to zero waste kitchen products, you’ll end up loving them much more than the boring disposables or cheap plastic products the “old you” had been using. Especially when you choose fun, handmade, reusable kitchen products from Etsy shops!
Why Go Zero Waste in the Kitchen?
We all know how much waste a kitchen produces. And not just food waste, but the waste from disposable products like plastic wrap, plastic bags and paper towels. Not to mention all the cheap plastic typically used in kitchens – like sponges, brushes, food containers and more.
Zero waste kitchen products are better for the environment. By switching to reusable alternatives to common disposable products, you are reducing the amount of trash you send to the landfill each week.
Zero waste kitchen products are better for your health too. Cheap plastic bags, wraps and containers can leach harmful chemicals into food and disrupt your hormones.
Best Products for a Zero Waste Kitchen
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive commissions from purchases made through links in this article. Full Disclosure
Etsy comes to the rescue with a whole host of shops that specialize in high-quality, reusable products for the kitchen, to help you reduce your reliance on disposables and cheap plastic.
And you’ll soon discover that these products are much nicer to use and serve to brighten up your kitchen with fun designs and pretty prints!
Whether you call them paperless towels, Un-paper towels, or reusable towels, these are the best replacements for wasteful, disposable paper towels around!
Best Etsy shops for paperless towels:
- Generation Me – Made from 2 layers of super absorbent, 100% birds-eye cotton with professionally serged edges. I use these every day in my kitchen!
- Marley’s Monsters – Cotton flannel towels that come in a variety of fun prints. Edges are serged for durability and to prevent fraying. Can be purchased rolled or unrolled.
- Anne Riggs Designs – Reusable paper towels that snap together for easy storage on a paper towel holder. Towels are 2-ply with cotton print on one side and cotton terrycloth on the other.
- Hammer Thread Handmade – Durable 3-ply cotton towels with a print on one side and 2 layers of absorbent white birdseye cotton on the back.
Reusable bowl covers are perfect for storing and covering food, and keeping food fresh on countertops or in the refrigerator.
Best Etsy shops for bowl covers:
- Anne Riggs Designs – Food-safe, laminated cotton with elastic edges that will stretch around bowls and cover them snugly. I have used these for years and LOVE them!
- Marley’s Monsters – Cotton flannel with a food-safe, waterproof inner layer. Drawstring for easy closure.
- Peace Out Plastic – Double layer of designer cotton fabric with stretchy edges. Reversible and available in a variety of sizes.
- REKURATOR – Hemp fabric with elastic edging.
Reusable Sponges & Scrubbers
Cheap plastic sponges are used a few times and then tossed, while reusable sponges and scrubbers are made from eco-friendly materials and can be used time and time again.
Best Etsy shops for sponges and scrubbers:
- Marley’s Monsters – Cotton terry cloth on one side with a polyester mesh on the other side for scrubbing. Machine-washable (or throw in dishwasher).
- Zero Waste Mvmt – Natural loofah sponge with a cotton loop for hanging.
- Spaza Store – Hand-crocheted Tawashi scrubber made from natural jute fiber that is naturally anti-bacterial and biodegradable.
- StephanieJos – Washable sponges with textured cotton on one side and burlap for scrubbing on the other.
Beeswax wraps are a brilliant alternative to plastic wrap because the beeswax infused cotton can be molded around food, bowls or plates, and used over and over again.
Best Etsy shops for beeswax wraps:
- OLSEN+OLSEN – Set of 3 beeswax wraps (S, M, L), made with organic ingredients
- Hive and Honey Farm – Starter set includes three wraps, plus a beeswax bag.
- The Traveling Bee – Food wraps, sandwich wraps and XXL wraps for bread.
- SuperBee – Sandwich bags made from 100% organic cotton and a mix of coconut oil, beeswax and tree resin.
Sustainable Cleaning Brushes
Cleaning brushes made from wood and other natural materials work wonders to scrub pots and pans, and are much more eco-friendly than plastic.
Best Etsy shops for cleaning brushes:
- Brooklyn Made – Scrub brush for dishes made of bamboo with natural hemp bristles. Includes a cotton rope to hang dry.
- Me Mother Earth – Heavy duty scrub brush for pots & pans. Brush has a wooden base with stiff palm and sisal bristles. Biodegradable at end of it’s useful life.
- Zero Waste Mvmt – Wooden dish brush with handle. Bristles are made of sisal from the agave cactus plant. Replacement heads are available.
- Green Living Soap Company – Natural coconut scrubbing brush – made with coconut fiber bristles
Swedish dishcloths are all-natural dishcloths made from cellulose from wood pulp and cotton. They are quick-drying, very durable and last up to 200 wash cycles. Best of all, they are 100% compostable at the end of their useful life.
Best Etsy shops for Swedish dishcloths:
- Me Mother Earth – Three-pack of Swedish dishcloths in fun, modern designs
- Plantish – Many fun designs to choose from and very affordable
- Brooklyn Made Natural – Beautiful, floral designs (3-pack)
Reusable Food Storage Bags & Containers
Containers and bags made from durable, non-toxic materials like glass, silicone or cloth are much better than plastic – both for people and the planet.
Best Etsy shops for reusable food storage:
- Wild Good Shop – Containers are made with 100% food grade silicone, and have airtight and spill-proof lids.
- Green Olive Goods – Set of reusable bags made from food-grade silicone that is dishwasher-safe and freezer-safe
- Spaza Store – Organic cotton dry goods bags with zipper closure
- Marley’s Monsters – Japanese style bento bags with a tie closure (made from 100% cotton flannel).
- The Golden Egg – Glass jars with acacia wood lids and airtight seals.
Looking for even more reusable kitchen products? I’ve got you covered! Plus learn more ways to reduce plastic in the kitchen and use less plastic in your home and on-the-go.
Leave a Reply