Kickstart your natural living journey by asking yourself this one important question.
You don’t know where to begin.
All you see is a huge list of have-tos, shoulds and can’ts – and not a whole lot of extra time or money to get any of it done.
Plus you’ve got a lot of questions and endless research to do.
Yes, it can be overwhelming. I get it. I’ve been there myself.
How to kick-start your natural living journey
Whether you are brand new to natural living or want to dive in a little deeper, the first thing you should do is forget your to-do list and focus on this ONE important question:
How do you want to FEEL?
Yes, you read that right! How do you want to FEEL as a result of the changes you make? How do you want your body to feel? How do you want to feel emotionally? How do you want your family members to feel?
The key to making successful habit and lifestyle changes is understanding the motivation behind the actions. What do YOU want out of this? How will natural living benefit YOU and YOUR family? Just being conscious and mindful of these desires is a huge step on the path to natural living! The truth is, you’ll never succeed armed with a to-do list alone. You need to tap into your emotions and motivations.
Run through this list and see if any of these statements resonate with you:
- I want to feel healthier every day
- I want to feel energized when I wake up in the morning
- I want to be confident that I am making good choices for my family
- I want to be assured that I am making good choices for the planet
- I want to feel positive about the lifestyle I’m living
- I want to feel strong in my body
- I want to help my child feel happy and healthy
- I want to feel motivated to cook healthy food
- I want to feel relieved that I’m not using toxic products in my home and on my body
- I want to be smart and savvy in the decisions I make
- I want to help my spouse/partner to feel well and healthy
- I want to be less worried about the health of my family members
- I want to feel challenged to work hard and make lifestyle changes
- I want to feel assured that I’m doing my best
- I want to feel hopeful for the future
Then, take a minute to come up with your own personal statement:
I am motivated to live a more natural, healthy life because I want to feel ………………
RELATED: Natural Living Basics – Simple changes you can make for a more natural, eco-friendly life
Next Steps on Your Natural Living Journey
Now that you understand your feelings and motivations, you’re ready to start taking meaningful action and get into your healthy living groove!
The next step is to LEARN as much as you can. Here’s a great place to GET STARTED – with my most popular posts about natural home, healthy food, better products & DIY!
After that, create some SMART GOALS (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and time-based) for the changes you want to implement.
But first, I would love to hear your thoughts on how you hope a natural lifestyle with help YOU feel. Please leave me a comment below. I’m excited to know how you’re feeling!
(images via pixabay using creative commons license)