A roundup of the best health & wellness apps for meditation, breathing, yoga and fitness, so you can take care care of yourself and keep stress levels low, at home or on-the-go.
One interesting outcome of the COVID-19 outbreak is that we are realizing the importance of taking good care of ourselves – while we are stuck at home.
Of course, self-care should be a priority all the time, but it’s even more important during times of stress – and this is definitely a time of stress!
The uncertainty of this outbreak, combined with the added stress of childcare/homeschooling, working from home or becoming unemployed, and being cooped up in one place, can put us at our wits end.
The good news is there are so many health and wellness apps available for us to use at home. Right now, many companies are offering access to their apps for free or are extending free trials longer than usual. Let’s take advantage of this and give ourselves some much needed self-care!
Meditation is well known and scientifically proven as one of the best ways to reduce stress and anxiety. You can practice meditation anywhere, without any tools, but an app is helpful for guided meditation.
- A popular meditation app with a mission to improve the health and happiness of the world
- Free 2-week trial always available, FREE premium access available to all healthcare workers during the COVID-19 crisis
- COVID-19 free resources for everyone: Weathering the Storm – stress-reliving meditations and movement exercises
- The #1 app for sleep, meditation and relaxation
- Some basic meditations are always free, plus get a free 7-day trial of the Premium app
- COVID-19 free resources: Includes soothing meditations, sleep stories, calming music and meditations for kids
- Over 30,000 FREE meditations available
- 30 day free trial for premium features
- Meditation app with a mission to empower humans to stress less, achieve more, and live better
- COVID-19 response: FREE premium membership available to all people who are financially impacted and can no longer afford to pay
Yoga and Fitness Apps
One of the best ways to keep your sanity during times of stress is to keep moving! Since most fitness centers and yoga studios are closed, you may want to take advantage of these yoga and fitness apps to provide you with the motivation and structure you need.
- Provides a studio-like yoga experience in the comfort of your own home
- Free version and pro membership available
- COVID-19: App is currently free through April 1st, 2020
- Daily workouts covering everything from HIIT and Pilates, to yoga, barre and more
- Free trial is usually 30 days but has been extended to a 60 day free trial during the COVID-19 crisis
- Fun workouts and multi-week fitness plans
- COVID-19: The entire app is currently FREE
Deep breathing is another great way to lower stress in the body. These free apps can help you get started.
- Gives guidance through 40+ breathing patterns, plus statistics of your practice
- Helps you visualize your breathing with relaxing visuals
More FREE Health & Wellness Tips
- go for a walk outside
- make nourishing food for yourself
- read a book
- draw or do a something crafty
- take a bath
- write in a journal
- do an at-home spa treatment
- connect with friends and family
Be well my friends!