I’m sure you already know the common tricks for cleaning and sterilizing kitchen sponges – like running them through the dishwasher or giving them a quick blast in the microwave. But what do you do when your sponge has been through the wringer one too many times and really just needs to go?
Give your sponge one last really dirty job to do!!
- clean the vent above the stove
- wipe down the top of the refrigerator
- pull out a piece of furniture that hasn’t been moved for awhile and wipe the baseboards
- scrub at stubborn mold in the bathroom
- go after some really grimy areas you’ve been trying to ignore
- save it to use for bacon grease or something equally yucky
What are your suggestions of a final heroic job for a lowly sponge?
(image credit: bored-now via Flickr)