Do your part to help the planet….buy bar soap without packaging!
For me, bar soap is one of life’s little pleasures. It’s pretty to look at, it smells great and is an inexpensive gift to myself when I just need a little pick-me-up.
Most bar soaps come in boxes and while that isn’t a terrible thing, why not save a few trees and buy bar soap without the box! It’s just one more tiny step to helping you meet your zero waste bathroom goals!
Sources for Package Free Soap
I may receive commissions from purchases made through links in this article. Full Disclosure
Once you start looking, there are plenty of sources for bar soap without packaging. I’ve found package-free soap at Whole Foods, on Etsy, and at my local co-op and farmer’s markets.
Here are a few great brands of bar soap without packaging:
- Plant-based, castile soaps (natural fragrance or fragrance-free), handmade in Ashland, Oregon.
- By not individually wrapping soaps, they save over 9 tons of packaging from the landfill every year
- Available at Whole Foods Market, Sprouts, Fred Meyer and on Amazon
- Favorite: Old fashioned oatmeal
- Triple-milled soaps made with unrefined shea butter and virgin coconut oil and natural fragrances
- Made exclusively for Whole Foods by Alaffia (I always stock up when they are on sale!)
- Favorite: Peppermint
- Plant-based soap made with coconut oil, olive oil, sunflower oil, castor oil and essential oil fragrances
- Available online only
- Favorite: Rose Clay & Shea
- Triple French milled soaps with an all vegetable base, using essential oils and natural colors only
- Sold both packaged and unpackaged – my local co-op sells them package-free
- Favorite: Sandalwood
- Handmade using certified organic herbs and oils and natural fragrances (unscented also available)
- Sold on Etsy
- On my shopping list: Green & Dreamy
- Handmade soap made with organic, vegan ingredients and scented with essential oils
- Sold on Etsy
- On my shopping list: Sweet Citrus with Calendula
Do you have a favorite package free bar soap?