Anyone else completely blown away that 2015 is over? I’m convinced I’m in some sort of time warp with the speed button set to high. It may have been a whirlwind, but it was one filled with great people, amazing food, and plenty of adventures. I’m looking forward to more of the same in 2016!
Green & Healthy Resolutions
Your New Year’s resolutions list wouldn’t be complete without something for the planet, now would it? This post I wrote for Zipcar – 16 Ways to Make 2016 the Greenest Year Yet – has got some good ones! Everything from simple eco swaps (time to ditch the paper towels people!), to better food shopping (discover your inner bulk buyer), to small investments that will save money and the planet in the long run. Let’s do this!
Looking back on 2015
The photo of my top Instagram photos of 2015 (above) is a pretty good representation of what went on around here in 2015. There was a lot of talk about healthy food, some non-toxic and eco-friendly products, a love affair with mother nature, and some mindful indulgences (that chocolate cake!)
Looking at my blog stats, my top ranking posts all came from past years (driven by google searches and Pinterest mostly I think)
- Fermented Beverage Smackdown – Kombucha vs. Kefir (also see my more recent post for mistakes I’ve learned making kombucha)
- How to Make Homemade Soap out of Soap Scraps (who knew this would be so popular?)
- Homemade Tub & Tile Cleaning Remedies
- Beach Tested Sunscreens
- How to Make Kid-Friendly Sushi
Looking only at posts published in 2015, here were my top 10 posts (not including giveaways):
- How Beautycounter Does Beauty Better
- Health & Wellness Trends to Look for in 2015 (Stay tuned – I’m working on a new one for 2016!)
- Spotlight On: Beautycounter Tint Skin
- Guide to Greener, Safer, Better Lipsticks
- Why I’m Happy to See Acure at Target
- Non-Candy Valentine’s Day Gifts for Kids
- 12 Pinterest Boards for Greener Living
- Spotlight On: Dr. Bronner’s Toothpaste
- 3 Ways to Get Turmeric in Your Diet
- The 12 Worst Food Additives (and Where You’ll Find Them)
Onward to 2016!
From what the stats tell me, you love learning how to make things (both recipes and DIY beauty and cleaning products), and you want the scoop on the latest green & healthy products. You also appreciate info about nutrition and wellness. Am I right?
I’ve got a lot of ideas up my sleeve for this new year, including a How To series and more non-toxic product roundups. Plus I’ll be sharing more healthy recipes and keeping on top of trends and information in health and nutrition.
What else would you like to see on Mindful Momma in 2016? Please leave a comment and let me know!