Open my kitchen cupboards and a pile of containers will probably come tumbling out. Over the years I’ve collected quite a collection of supplies to make sure that I don’t have to use plastic baggies in my kids lunches. Here are some of my top picks:
- Graze Organic – Made with certified organic cotton, these snack bags win the most adorable graphics prize in my book. Plus they are durable and seal tightly.
- reuseit brand – Popular reusables site reuseit.com created their own snack bags made of safe (i.e. no yucky chemicals), durable nylon. The best part is how easily these bags wash up!
- Snack Taxis – These cloth bags are made with love in Massachusetts and come in a variety of fun fabrics. My fav is the groovy guitars!
- Lunchskins – Cute prints and dishwasher safe are the key benefits of these snack bags. I have not personally tried them but have heard rave reviews from other bloggers.
- Natural Value waxed paper bags – I keep these on hand for when all the snack bags are dirty (or lost – many snack bags have gone missing over the years unfortunately.)
- LunchBots – We’ve been fans of these stainless steel lunch containers for years. They are easy to open and the colorful, non-VOC finish makes them bright and cheerful!
- ECOLunchBox – They call this a “seriously safe” lunch container and it is. Made from stainless steel with clips on the side, it is leakproof and chemical free.
- Klip It Lunch Cube – This 3-compartment plastic container has served us well. Put a sandwich in the large compartment and there’s room for fruit and snacks in the smaller sections.
- Laptop Lunch Bento Buddies – Buy a set of these durable plastic containers and you’ll be set for sandwiches and much more. BPA and lead free of course!
- Almost any plastic, tempered glass or metal container will do the job. Don’t run out and buy something new if you don’t need to! Just avoid plastics #3, #6 and #7 which can leach toxic chemicals and are certainly not part of a healthy lunch.
Wondering what to put inside? See my Healthy Lunch, Happy Child post for lots of healthy lunch ideas!
Do you send your kids to school with a waste-free lunch? What are your favorite containers, bottles & bags?
(Full disclosure – there are affiliate links in this post. Any purchase you make helps me keep this blog in business – thank you!)