When I was young, I went to a summer camp on a farm in Wisconsin. Saturday was pancake day. Among the many varieties served – strawberry, blueberry, sausage etc…the best one of all was chocolate chip. Chocolate chip pancakes were unheard of at my house. And at camp we could eat as many as we wanted!
Sadly for my boys, I’m not the type of mom who serves chocolate chip pancakes very often either. Not until now. Drawing on my memories of those very special chocolate chip pancakes, I decided to create a recipe that was deliciously indulgent but with a few healthy touches too.
So along with the usual pancake ingredients, I added protein-rich Stonyfield Greek Yogurt and rolled oats for added fiber. I decided to go with the cherry chocolate theme (who doesn’t love that combination?), so I used black cherry yogurt and dried, dark cherries along with mini chocolate chips.
I have to admit, these pancakes were fabulous! The Greek yogurt made them rich and moist, while the rolled oats gave them a hearty texture. My boys gobbled them up and declared them the BEST PANCAKES EVER!!!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 5.3-oz container of Stonyfield Organic Greek Yogurt, Black Cherry flavor
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup dried cherries
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- Mix together flour, oats, baking powder and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk together yogurt, milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to yogurt mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Stir in cherries and chocolate chips.
- Pour about ⅓ cup of batter onto greased griddle. Cook pancakes until bubbles form on the top. Flip pancakes and cook until lightly browned on other side.
- Makes 15 - 18, 6" pancakes.
What are your favorite type of pancakes?
This post was created in partnership with Stonyfield. All opinions are my own.