Have you heard of STINK! yet? It’s the movie the chemical industry doesn’t want you to see.
The Minneapolis premier of STINK! was last night and I had the honor of speaking on a panel afterwards. The viewing was sponsored by Beautycounter and hosted by Lindsay Dahl, their Director of Policy and Partnerships. Kathleen Schuler from Healthy Legacy was also on the panel. We talked about the work being done to update our sorely outdated chemicals laws (both at the federal and state levels) and what we can do to find safer products while we are waiting for better laws to be put in place.
STINK! is currently screening across the country and will be available in Video on Demand (VOD) platforms beginning February 16, 2016.
- Learn why current federal chemical laws just aren’t working
- Find out why kids pajamas (and plenty of other products we use every day) STINK
- Get educated about endocrine disrupting chemicals and why you want to avoid them
- Find out the dirty secrets of the fragrance industry
- See a chemical lobbyist in action (spoiler – it’s appalling!)
- Learn the real reason why flame retardants are in our couches (it’s pretty shocking!)
- Find out what really happens in legislative sessions and why it’s so hard to get better laws passed
- Hear a compelling story following the lives of the filmmaker and his two adorable girls
- Be motivated to get involved in this important issue
- It’s the movie the chemical industry doesn’t want you to see….so see it!
Have you seen STINK! yet or do you want to? Let me know what you think in the comments!