You’ve probably noticed, there are a lot of skin care brands to choose from out there. But sadly most brands contain synthetic and petroleum-based ingredients, many of which are potentially harmful, like paraben preservatives and undisclosed fragrance ingredients. The good news is there are many better brands available today, but often you end up feeling like a detective trying to understand the tricky world of certifications, ratings and complicated ingredient names in order to find non-toxic beauty products.
(affiliate links ahead*)
Among all the cleaner, safer brands you’ll find on the shelves today, here’s a company that stands out among the crowd: Andalou Naturals.
Andalou Naturals products are made with a blend of natural, organic and Fair Trade ingredients and the company is committed to being transparent about ingredients and overall sustainability. Most importantly, Andalou Naturals products are accessible and affordable – meaning you can probably get your hands on them soon and try them out for yourself!
Here’s why I think Andalou Naturals stands out:
High quality ingredients
- Minimum 70% certified organic ingredients (most formulas over 85%)
- Majority of products score 1 or 2 (lowest hazard) on the EWG’s cosmetic database
- Increasing number of Fair Trade ingredients including shea butter, cocoa powder and hibiscus extract
- Meets standard for Whole Foods Premium Body Care label
- Full ingredient disclosure so that customers like you and me can make informed decisions
- NO sulfates, GMOs, phthalates, petrochemicals, artificial dyes, synthetic fragrances, or paraben preservatives
- 100% Non-GMO Project Verified
- Verified gluten-free, vegetarian, and cruelty free
Andalou Naturals products use Advanced Fruit Stem Cell science which has been clinically proven to help renew and repair healthy skin. I’ve tried many of their products over the years and have always found them to be very effective, easy and enjoyable to use with lovely naturally derived scents that are not overpowering.
A few of my favorites products include:
- Avo Cocoa Skin Food Mask – Similar to my homemade Chocolate Facial Mask but much more sophisticated. Advanced Fruit Stem Cells, organic avocado and Fair Trade cocoa help to slow cellular damage and stimulate healthy cell renewal. It goes on super smooth, smells good enough to eat and leaves my face feeling nourished and healthy!
- Argan + Omega Natural Glow 3 in 1 Treatment – A fabulous multitasking product that I use on my face, hair (frizz and split ends prevention) and nails (soft cuticles). Made with a blend of nourishing, Omega rich oils like argan, flax and pomegranate.
- 1000 Roses Daily Shade SPF 18 – My new go-to for daily sun protection. The lightweight formula goes on ultra-sheer and has broad spectrum (UVA & UVB) protection. The light scent from rose essential oil is divine!
- 1000 Roses Color + Correct SPF 30 – A lightweight, tinted moisturizer with mineral based (zinc oxide), broad spectrum SPF coverage. Available in Tan or Nude color.
Best of all, Andalou Naturals is affordable!! It’s nice to find a line that I can buy without cringing at the price. (for example, a 6-oz cleanser is $12.95 and nothing in the line is over $24.95). You can find Andalou Naturals at Whole Foods Markets, Target, other specialty stores and online.
Have you tried Andalou Naturals? Leave a comment and let me know your favorites!
(*Mindful Momma occasionally uses affiliate links. If you make a purchase using a link, I may receive a small commission. Thank you for your support if you do!)